ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an IT/Communications Project Coordinator for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: IT/Communications Project Coordinator
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of Information Technology / Communications Project Coordinator Services support. Serve as the GPMO and OICC Point of Contact responsible to coordinate with SPAWAR/NAVSEA, JRM, AAFB, NTCS, and Marine Corps Stakeholders to define all C4ISR/IT requirements in order to identify and recommend the type of appropriated funds required to execute the follow up actions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assist the GPMO and OICC with the coordination of facilities inside and outside plant infrastructure required to accommodate the Information Technology/Communications requirements of the customer.
- Assist the GPMO and OICC in the coordination of the planning and design stages of project development and integration with other projects.
- Assist the NAVFAC Pacific Capital Improvements Project Managers to identify the requirements associated with the planning, design and construction of Secure Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF)s.
- Assist specific SCIF related efforts with the identification of requirements for the workforce qualified to work on SCIFs such as:
- Identification of lead time requirements associated with getting the right workforce in place to work on SCIFs.
- Assist with identifying those portions of SCIF work that can be done by foreign workers under the watchful eye of qualified US personnel.
- Coordinating required escorts of personnel approved to work on SCIF areas.
- Review A&E contracts to ensure they contain specific provisions to provide availability during working hours in Guam to ensure timely response to requests for information related to SCIFs. Guam is a territory of the United States located in the northwestern Pacific Ocean. Given its location and time differences to the contiguous United States and Hawaii, it is often difficult to contact and communicate with specialized individuals. This IT/COMM individual will ensure that the A&Es contracted are willing and able to provide this level of service in a timely manner. Should these services be required in Australia, the same provisions shall apply.
- Assist NAVFAC Pacific with the evaluation of whether projects with SCIFs are properly classified.
- Coordinate with the program scheduler and ROICC to ensure milestones for C4I equipment is flagged on the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) should changes on other projects in the program affect the scheduled requirement.
- Coordinate and attend meetings to assist the stakeholders with identifying the requirements associated with planning, design and construction of SCIFs. Drafting minutes of meetings.
- Review and identify requirements for US workforce required to work on SCIFs. Informing Navy leadership of the lead-time requirements necessary to enable portions of the construction that can be performed by foreign workers to be integrated into the appropriate construction schedules.
- Communicate with all affected Navy and necessary construction contractor personnel to ensure a common understanding of requirements for accreditation plans for SCIFs.
- Coordinate with Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) representatives to ensure its contribution to the construction of SCIFs are incorporated.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure SCIF project schedules are made available for review and integration with other project schedules.
- Assist SPAWAR and NAVFAC efforts are appropriately integrated to avoid construction delays and ensure the right personnel have access to the job site at the required time,
- Coordinate with SPAWAR to ensure all the C4I equipment is identified in sufficient time to arrive when needed.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of requirements for accreditation plans for SCIFs.
- Have a Top Secret (TS) Special Compartmental Information (SCI) clearance.
- Have a minimum of 10 years Information Management/Communications experience
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and in briefing management personnel.
- Have demonstrated the ability to independently develop creative, technically sound solutions to problems not remedied by standard, pre-defined processes. Have demonstrated the ability to communicate work effectively with other governmental professionals, client representatives with of various backgrounds and experience bases (including Government senior civilians, and military at ranks equal to civilian SES and military Flag Officers), contract management and labor personnel and others as necessary.
- Have demonstrated 5 or more years’ experience interpreting plans and specifications.
- Have demonstrated thorough knowledge of the Department of Defense Information Technology, Communications and Special Compartmental Information Facilities (SCIFs)
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Have demonstrated the ability to guide, motivate, and coordinate the work of professionals in a matrix organization (one in which there are multiple reporting relationships) and utilize effective, constructive, employee and team feedback for the purpose of improving performance.
- Have demonstrated an understanding of group dynamics, project and program management tools.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.