No Staffing Firms/Recruiters!
Job Applicants only.
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Office Manager.
The overall mission of this effort is to provide the Department of State with personnel necessary to support the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facility Management (OBO/CFSM/FAC).
ALQIMI Professional Services Group will provide personnel to assist the Office of Facility Management in delivering global support in the operation, maintenance, repair, and technical assessment of Department of State facilities overseas, providing services to ensure safe, secure, functional, sustainable, and reliable Embassy and Consulate facilities.
Provide complex and high-level administrative and programs support functions for the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facility Management (OBO/FAC). Perform tasks in the administrative management of the OBO/FAC office. This may include interpreting administrative policies, developing and implementing local policies, defining administrative requirements, and providing advice to management on related issues. Independently perform administrative management functions that service a number of divisional requirements. Apply new policies, provide advice on requirements, maintains administrative systems and prepares administrative paperwork. In fulfilling these responsibilities, perform a wide variety of technical and program management tasks and assignments.
- Performs complex administrative support functions to include coordination of high level managerial presentations and management and coordination of OBO/FAC records. Advises OBO/FAC management on program issues and provides interface with pertinent OBO Divisions.
- Serves as webmaster for the Office of Facility Management website. Updates the Office’s webpages on a weekly basis. Ensures all materials for respective pages stay current. Web duties utilize Microsoft SharePoint software. Interfaces with the Information Resource Management Office in the development of specialized computer software programs and visual arts.
- Utilizes Power Point, Excel and Access computer programs in order to prepare files, charts and slides, for high level managerial presentations, to update, budget presentations, facility management and training seminars. Plans, initiates, develops and verifies charts, slides, etc. through all stages for final presentation. Reviews and analyzes the data for technical accuracy and makes final recommendations and modifications to the exhibits.
- Responsible for preparing, coordinating and releasing country clearance request cables, final notification tables, appropriate travel memos, and visa requests for the traveler. Ensures the timely receipt of employee’s travel orders, passport, visas, and tickets by maintaining close liaison with the appropriate travel offices. Informs the office Director/Division Chief and traveler of any potential delay and offers a recourse in action to maintain the original travel schedule
- Administers office Director’s travel reservations, itinerary, vouchers and petty cash request forms for approval and payment.
- Establishes, maintains and updates the Travel Standard Office Procedures Manual to ensure the achievement of the office objectives to facilitate the smooth flow of travel preparations. Ensures compliance with Federal, Department and OBO policies.
- Receives and provides support to the Office Director by proofreading and editing memoranda, documents, and other general and technical materials; and coordinates with the Managing Directorate personnel and with the OBO upper management to ensure that said documents meet the dictates and requirements of the decision makers.
- Ensures that all documents are well-written, in proper format, timely, complete, and fully coordinates with other affected organizations. Oversees the preparation of meeting minutes, presentations and reporting documents; the compilation and proper filing of project documents; and the development and/or review planning documents.
- Fulfills procurement tasks for OBO/FAC. Prepares procurement requests, evaluating proposals for work and maintains procurement records. Manages procurement for small procurements that require varying approaches. Prepares and reviews purchase order for supplies and non-expendable property such as equipment, to include personal computer hardware and software and other specialized equipment necessary to the effective functioning of the office. Serves as the purchase card holder for the Office authorized to make micro purchases and reconciles the account with the Approving Official on a routine basis as defined in the Department regulations and policies.
- Responsible for the personnel space planning and management of the office supplies, materials, and equipment to include maintaining an inventory of non-expendable items; coordinate with other OBO offices to ensure that adequate work space and materials are available to support the Office mission.
- Performs work involving the collection, compilation, research, and/or tracking of data and programs information in support of various OBO and OBO/FAC program functions. This effort involves coordination and consultation with technical employees and managers across divisional lines within OBO and occasionally with similar employees in other bureaus.
- Gathers information, identifies and analyses issues, and develops recommendations to resolve problems and situations in work-flow, work distribution, and organizational administration.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Ten (10) years or more of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and mastery in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support functions. This level includes knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents which affect the use of program and related support resources.
- Knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations of the organization.
- Knowledge is used to plan, schedule, and conduct projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations in a program or support setting.
- Knowledge and skill in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness and/or organizational productivity. Knowledge is applied in developing new or modified work methods, organizational structures, records and files, management processes, staffing patterns, procedures for administering program services, guidelines and procedures, and automating work processes for the conduct of administrative support functions or program operations. Knowledge may also be applied in analyzing and making recommendations concerning the centralization or decentralization of operations.
CLEARANCE LEVEL: Secret
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.