ALQIMI is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to support our customer located in Okinawa Japan.
- Provides technical criteria development, design assistance, coordination of technical requirements, design reviews, and identification of planning, and design deficiencies for the discipline.
- Assist and support PMO with technical criteria and requirements used in the development of Charrette Documents, BCPs, and construction designs of facilities projects funded through the GOJ. Projects include administration/operational facilities, community support/quality of life facilities including bachelor and family housing (as needed), and infrastructure/utility improvements.
- Provide technical design assistance to PMO, tenant, and user activities on all matters of engineering and architectural nature including functional layout, technical requirements, standards, construction design scheduling, and AutoCAD drawing and analysis.
- Assist in the coordination of the technical criteria of a project based on user and tenant requirements and collateral equipment needs. Develop engineering design criteria to ensure technical adequacy.
- Assist in performing technical reviews of programming documentation to ensure compliance with other applicable programming documentation and/or laws/codes/regulation/guides. Identify discrepancies and/or inadequacies relative to U.S. standards and requirements, and inform project manager for resolution.
- Maintain close contact with tenant agencies, higher echelon DON engineering personnel, USACE, representatives of other U.S. Military Services, GOJ representatives, and other personnel.
- Assist in the review of the technical work performed by other reviewing and supporting agencies for quality assurance purposes. Other reviewing and supporting agencies include USMC/Navy engineering personnel, USACE, representatives of using agencies and MOD engineering staff and contracted designers.
- Broad professional knowledge of a wide range of engineering or architectural theories, concepts, principles, standards, and methods sufficient to formulate, execute, advise on and explain recommendations or solutions to modify standard practices, equipment, devices, processes, and techniques and resolve a wide variety of complex problems and adapt precedents or existing strategies to meet unusual needs or special demands.
- Knowledge of, and skill related to the development of executive level correspondence and the management of programs involving executive level participants.
- Working knowledge of horizontal and vertical construction, land development, airfield design, design development process, construction means and methods, U.S. and Japanese construction practices. Experience in the storage, retrieval and management of construction project documentation is highly desired.
- Knowledge and skill in program assessment techniques related to resource allocation, risk management, performance metrics, and project execution.
- Thorough knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods and techniques to develop support deliverable criteria and metrics covering complex program mission and functions.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as customer service skills due to daily interaction with various levels of rank, authority, positions, both military and civilians. Skill in preparation, presentation, and evaluation of plans, designs, reports, and other correspondence. Experience working with a diverse and often conflicting group of stakeholders on politically sensitive and schedule-constrained construction projects.
- Experience and capacity to act as a principal contributor managing team-based construction projects including formulation of project requirements, refinement of project requirements in engineering terms, provide technical oversight and direction, submittal of documents, execution of program and project designs, acceptance of project documentation, project completion.
- Experience in review of construction drawings prepared by others and a broad knowledge of a wide range of building construction and land development projects.
- Knowledge of project formulation including classification and categorization of work segregation of diverse requirements.
- Ability to devise, customize, operate, oversee, and/or evaluate specialized information management systems, processes, and application pertaining to the management of construction projects.
- Skills to interpret the interrelationships of complex technical functions and translate esoteric requirements into specific facility needs; skills to provide advice and explain recommendations or solutions to modify standard practices, equipment, devices, processes and techniques and resolve a wide variety of complex construction problems.
- Possess faculty to understand and adopt non-U.S.-standard design and construction means and methods to meet unusual needs or special demands.
- Knowledge of collateral equipment installation requirements, facility occupancy use requirements, and post occupancy facility evaluation requirements.
- Knowledge of military facility design, planning, MILCON programming or actual construction of military structures.
- Knowledge of Japanese design codes and construction industry standards is highly desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of, and highly experienced in the development and review of technical requirements, concepts, principles, standards, and methods in order to ensure that the mechanical engineering and fire protection portion of building construction and land development projects are designed and constructed in accordance with the required operational and functional criteria.
- Knowledge and skilled ability to use AutoCAD.
- Current US PE license or current US RA license Required.
- Baccalaureate or higher level degree with a major in Engineering or Architecture OR a combination of education and experience which furnished a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and a good understanding both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. Four (4) years of specialized experience in the ordered discipline.