ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking a Scheduler for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of construction scheduler duties as a subject matter expert (SME) in construction scheduling.
The Scheduler shall provide all labor, material, and equipment necessary to complete the work described in the paragraphs below to analyze the construction contractor’s prepared network analysis schedule (NAS).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Conduct the work using a contractor provided, stand-alone computer with the required software installed.
- Obtain Primavera’s latest version of P6 to be utilized when generating and analyzing schedules, unless otherwise agreed upon with the OICC staff.
- Review construction contractor’s schedules, equipment delivery plans and progress to date and use this data to perform monthly projections of Construction Work in Place (WIP) for the upcoming month on a project-by-project basis. Enter these projections in the Construction Management System (as it becomes available) and other Government databases when requested.
- Develop and maintain the DPRI Program’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). There are many projects in this program that will need to be coordinated. The updated master program schedule must highlight any conflicting tasks or requirements among the ongoing construction projects. Work with the Area Coordinator, the Program Coordinator and the Senior Program Manager to mitigate any conflicts. Include future projects in the database to facilitate de-conflicting of schedules and notify the Area Coordinator, Program Coordinator as well as the ROICC should delays impact the award of future projects.
- Develop and maintain the DPRI Program’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Updates may be required weekly, at the minimum monthly. Multiple versions and scenarios may be required to determine the course of action the ROICC/OICC may elect to direct to de-conflict projects due to delays and/or unforeseen conditions.
- Schedule analysis in support of Government response to potential construction contractor delay claims.
- Analyze the NAS for reasonableness in activity durations, sequencing, and logic. Evaluate the activities included in the NAS for adequacy and appropriateness, and recommended additions or deletions of particular activities. Submit a report consisting, at a minimum, the following:
- An introduction containing background information such as the contract number and name, construction contractor, and a brief description of the methods utilized by the contractor Scheduler as in analyzing the NAS.
- A statement of factual information regarding the content of the NAS, its logic, sequencing, and durations.
- A narrative of contractor Scheduler comments, both objective and subjective, regarding the adequacy of the NAS and suggestions for improvement.
- A recommendation to the Government as to whether the NAS should be rejected, approved, or approved contingent upon incorporation of specific comments. Take the initiative to coordinate with the team members, leadership and project stakeholder when addressing schedule issues.
- Notify and/or advise the ROICC/OICC of any potential conflicts or delays caused by active projects that could impact projects pending award.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience using Primavera’s and 5 years Microsoft Project 2010+ scheduling software on construction projects valued at $3-5M.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in working with Engineering or Architectural disciplines and shall have a basic understating of engineering, architecture and construction trades.
- Have at least one (1) year of specialized experience in performing the tasks identified here in for Capital Improvements related projects for the NAVFAC or Corps of Engineers.
- Have the ability to communicate in English effectively orally and in writing
- Have demonstrated the ability to go between Microsoft Project and Primavera when analyzing and integrating schedules. Most projects in pre-award have their schedules in Microsoft Projects.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Be able to obtain security clearance
- Complete the SF-85-P, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions
- Be required to perform site visits to support, including the review of as-built schedules, to determine existing conditions and to document findings to support the rationale of the schedule analysis.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties.
- Have demonstrated the ability to generate an independent Time Impact Analysis for use in change order negotiations.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of construction practices and techniques, e.g., proper applications of construction materials and methods of installation.
- Have demonstrated experience performing construction schedule analysis including use of the program, Schedule Analyzer in their analysis of changes to the Critical Path due to construction modifications and delay analysis.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience generating and maintaining Integrated Master Schedules for large construction programs consisting of multiple phases and varied project scopes.
- This is a government contract that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.