Range Safety Inspector
|Title:||Range Safety Inspector|
|Job Location:||Okinawa Japan|
No Staffing Firms/Recruiters!
Job Applicants only.
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking a Range Safety/Inspector.
The overall mission of this effort is to provide the United States Marine Corps, Marine Corps Base, Okinawa, Japan- Range Control Facility Support. The Range Control Facility is responsible to coordinate, control, schedule and manage training, both live fire and non-live fire in a safe and effective manner. Live fire training includes the use of conventional and special weapons, ground-to-ground, air-to ground ordnance delivery with the use of optics, lasers, direct fire and indirect fire systems on multiple-fixed target-sites. Non-live fire training includes helicopter landing zones, water surface areas,simunitions (paint ball) and Military Operations in Urban Terrain (MOUT). Also, to support sister service range training requirements. The Range Inspector reports directly to the Range Control Officer. The Range inspector functions as the eyes and ears of the Range Control Officer, resolving conflict and ensuring safe operations and training of live fire ranges and training areas.
ALQIMI Professional Services Group will provide personnel to assist the Marine Corps Base by delivering support to the Range Control Facility with a Range Safety/Inspector who will provide de-confliction of training, coordination of emergency vehicle in case of injury, and record of all range activity during his shift of duties.
Grade Level: II
The Range Safety Inspector enforces the Range Safety Program in compliance with established Range Regulations and policies. Coordinates the occupation and release of Ranges and Training Areas (RTA) with range control via the Fire Desk Operator.
• Visually monitors activities and effects of this training on range resources utilizing knowledge and experience in military range utilization and training procedures. The applicant possesses knowledge of weapons systems and tactics, ability to assess and explain tactically safe and sound procedures to personnel utilizing range resources and facilities.
• Continuously patrols, monitors, enforces physical security and inspects range training activities.
• The applicant enforces compliance with MCB Camp Butler Range Regulations, pertinent Marine Corps regulations and local directives and standard operating policies and procedures.
• The applicant inspects training areas for compliance to regulations and calls violations to the attention of the Range Safety Officer or other designated officials.
• Reports conditions of unauthorized, hazardous, or illegal utilization of range training areas, and makes on-site decisions to violations as required.
• Ensures that no modifications are made to range resources and training facilities for other than their intended purposes.
• Work requires independent on-the-spot decisions and corrections of unauthorized or potentially hazardous uses of these high-risk ranges and training sites.
• Directs unit personnel to immediately discontinue training and/or move from the area when unauthorized situations occur.
• The applicant coordinates with and clears personnel into and out/off of MCB Camp Butler ranges and training areas as necessary and ensures no conditions are present which could cause a safety hazard; all components of the training facility are available and in operating order; Range Control has been notified of training facility occupancy; all pre-firing and post-firing actions have been completed; all ammunition and components have been properly accounted for and/or have been turned in; no property has been removed from the facility or training site; all fired but unexploded ordnance (duds) locations recorded and reported to Range Control; all pyrotechnics, etc., removed; all bivouac, roads, training, and assembly areas policed and returned to pre-training condition; no trees have been cut or destroyed, etc.
• The applicant ensures all ammunition residues have been removed from ranges and all debris is removed from the ranges and adjacent concurrent training sites.
• The applicant monitors and records all damage to range facilities, equipment, and resources. Informs military unit when they can clear ranges/training areas. Checks all range structures, training equipment, and facilities for needed maintenance to keep ranges operational at all times.
• Ensures military units restore range resources to natural state prior to departing the area during clearing procedures.
• Maintains two-way communication between Range Control and Operating Units by using range radio and telephone networks to open and close firing ranges, training facilities and training areas.
• The applicant coordinates medical evacuation, fire, accident, Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and other emergency requests between using units and responding personnel. The applicant prepares daily inspection sheets and range briefs for the day's ranges.
• The applicant stops training, if necessary, when a range or safety procedure violation and recommends measures to correct safety deficiencies to facilitate the safe continuation of training.
• The applicant conducts random inspections to confirm strict adherence to range safety regulations, ensure area is inspected and identifies required maintenance.
• Ensures safety violations or other discrepancies are reported to range control supervisory personnel for appropriate corrective action and coordination.
• Enforces the Range Safety Program in compliance with established Range Regulations and policies.
• Monitors all mission areas, assess risks and recommends mission-supportive risk reduction measures. Monitors through on-site inspections that units are utilizing ranges correctly; that weapon systems and ammunition are proper for the range and that charges and propellants are being set properly.
• Monitors unit use of training facilities and ranges through review of Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS) reports, personal interviews and/or customer comment sheets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
o Minimum year’s relevant experience:
o 3 Years' experience.
o Relevant RCF certifications to include:
o Range Safety Course Distance Learning
o US Army and USMC RFMSS Course
o Intermediate Level Range Safety Course
o GIS for Range Managers
• Must be able to attend and successfully pass the RFMSS, Functional Administrator Course (40 hours).
• Duty functions of this position require in-depth involvement in a variety of actions that are related to or interfere with three-dimensional training activity planning and scheduling concepts. The Range Safety/Inspector provides advice to management on the efficient use of subordinate positions which may include shift work as well as clerical and administrative requirements. The assignments are diverse, covering a wide variety of unique and specialized requirements. This requires that the Range Safety/Inspector display initiative and originality in perceiving opportunities, problem analysis, development of useful alternative courses of action, program management, and leadership of subordinates.
Although no security clearance is required, the applicant must be able to pass a background check and be able to qualify for a Secret Clearanceif required.
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.