No Staffing Firms/Recruiters!
Job Applicants only.
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking a Program Analyst.
The overall mission of this effort is to provide the Department of State with personnel necessary to support the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facility Management (OBO/CFSM/FAC).
ALQIMI Professional Services Group will provide personnel to assist the Office of Facility Management in delivering global support in the operation, maintenance, repair, and technical assessment of Department of State facilities overseas, providing services to ensure safe, secure, functional, sustainable, and reliable Embassy and Consulate facilities.
Provide support for the implementation of major, highly complex, and mission critical facility management efforts throughout the world. The incumbent’s actions cut across the entire Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facility Management (OBO/FAC) organization, requiring significant insight, far-reaching coordination, and long-term planning both internally and in coordination with other key offices within OBO (e.g. budget, policy, human resources, travel). The work requires management and overview of financial and human resources, administrative support services, organizational policy development and implementation, management controls, special studies and analysis, resource allocation, validation and prioritization of needs, review, approval, and audit of funding, and the establishment of internal operating procedures for OBO/FAC.
- Participates as a key member of OBO/FAC’s management team providing guidance and advice to the Office Director and Division Chiefs with regard to establishing and meeting financial, management, and administrative goals and objectives.
- Oversees OBO/FAC support services and ensures services meet timely and functional needs of the Office and align fully with OBO’s mandated guidance and procedures; and works closely with other OBO offices to ensure FAC needs support and reflect management decisions.
- Provides training to multiple entities on OBO/FAC administrative and financial policies and procedures; serves as the point-of-contact for overseas posts on any questions on the use of OBO/FAC funds; and resolves problems and assists posts in obtaining needed resources.
- Conducts research and solves organizational inefficiencies to increase the effectiveness of the organization; and leverages expertise in management and organizational principles pertaining to areas of responsibility (e.g., administrative procedures, financial management rules and regulations, priorities, etc.) in order to plan and conduct complex studies to assess organizational and financial operations.
- Develops and promulgates facility management policies; provides expert advice on the administrative and management implications of new program proposals; and updates 15 FAM to reflect changes based on the evolving mission and its authorities.
- Develops and reviews internal OBO/FAC initiatives to ensure the orderly, effective, and efficient accomplishment of assigned missions consistent with directives of OBO/FAC and higher Departmental authorities (e.g. New Embassy Transition, Mechanical Controls Program).
- Provides policy guidance or clarification to posts (e.g., 7901.3 Routine Maintenance and Repair, 7901.C Maintenance Cost Sharing) on the correct use of facility management funds; represents FAC within OBO on any proposed changes to FAC funding matrices; and realigns FAC services in line with OBO goals and objectives.
- Ensures that all documents are well-written, in proper format, timely, complete, and fully coordinates with other affected organizations. Oversees the preparation of meeting minutes, presentations and reporting documents; the compilation and proper filing of project documents; and the development and/or review planning documents.
- Assesses the overall progress of funding implementation that is committed or in progress and outlines issues and recommends solutions necessary for senior FAC managers to improve or resolve difficulties, and to ensure funds are obligated and that carry-over is minimized.
- Oversees the initiation and accomplishment of administrative office support services (e.g. memorandums for decisions, official requests for information, etc.) functions ensuring they are effectively and efficiently enabling the organization to meet its worldwide commitments.
- Develops and maintains yearly and long-range resource needs in line with management priorities; monitors expenditures to ensure availability and correctness of funds; makes projections regarding expenditure patterns; and prepares and reviews financial expenditures, obligations, and fiscal year close-out reports.
- Develops and formulates financial and management controls for all Divisions ; tracks all funds allotted to posts or allocated to programs to ensure that obligations and liquidations are used appropriately and contract actions are closed-out in a timely manner; and develops, coordinates, and reviews quarterly and yearly financial updates required by the Department, ensuring that the information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensures all project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implementation plans. Follows up to ensure that approved recommendations are successfully implemented.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Six (6) years or more of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and mastery of the application of a wide range of qualitative or quantitative (e.g., using excel spreadsheets, Departmental accounting systems) methods for assessing and improving effectiveness.
- Knowledge of the range of financial laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the Facility Management programs.
- Knowledge and ability to assemble and analyze relevant facts and draw significant conclusions.
- Knowledge and skill in presenting accurate findings and the ability to make feasible and responsive recommendations both orally and in writing. These recommendations may require negotiations with management to accept extensive changes in established procedures or they may involve substantial resources.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of computers.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Knowledge and ability to design and conduct comprehensive management studies.
CLEARANCE LEVEL: Secret
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com