ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking a Program Coordinator for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outers islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator Services individual will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Guam Program Management Officer/OICC in the coordination of the team of project managers and design engineers working on various projects that includes but are not limited to the Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) program. The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of program coordinator services support.
- Assist agencies in planning, initiating, managing, executing, and closing out of projects.
- Lead and communicate with stakeholders
- Provide project planning and scheduling review and expert opinion,
- Provide earned value management review and support,
- Provide project management, including performance monitoring and measurement
- Generate reports and documentation associated with project/program objectives
- Coordinate and lead stakeholder briefings and encourage proper participation in required meetings
- Provide related project support services; program integration services; and project close-out services.
- Advise the Guam Program Management Officer and OICC on workload planning, task assignment, organization and overall office management.
- Assist the Guam Program Management Officer and OICC with planning, developing and administering training programs for all personnel assigned to the program. Prepare and recommend a long-range (5 year) training plan to ensure that the team is current with the industry practices and processes as they relate to design, construction and program/project management.
- Schedule and conduct coordination meetings to enable the team to verify it is on task and focused on changing or developing priorities. Develop recommended agenda for meetings and solicits attendees and necessary information.
- Advise senior leadership of conflicts that cannot be handled without a government directive. Provide the background and a proposed solution to the situation.
- Communicate daily with the Area Coordinators and be aware of any major initiatives or decisions.
- Coordinating and advising program leadership with planning, initiating, managing, execution and closeout via briefs, meetings, discussions.
- Document coordination meetings within 2 days of occurrence to prevent any confusion of the discussed facts with current events that may have transpired.
- Retain a historical knowledge of all that has transpired in the program to suggest courses of action because oftentimes the teams will not have time to review the entire history of the program and will need this individual to determine if a decision has been made in the past about a particular issue. Coordinate with the Area Coordinator as necessary.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with the Guam Program Management Officer and OICC.
- Briefing Program Management efforts or updating the leadership on initiatives and decisions at the project location may be required. See task order for specifics.
- Research available courses/classes/seminars as not all off-the-shelf courses are applicable or available at locations in the NAVFAC Pacific AOR. Development of recommended training should account for such restrictions and concerns. When recommending training of contractor workers present options to the Government Contracting officer or Contracting Officer’s Representative for approval.
- Be a graduate of an accredited Architectural or Engineering college curriculum (four  year degree minimum) AND have a minimum of 5 years Program Coordinator experience
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated experience and knowledge of design, program management, construction management, scheduling and the DPRI program initiatives.
- Have demonstrated the ability to read and interpret contract documents.
- While not required to perform design functions, individual must be have demonstrated knowledge of the design process.
- Have demonstrated experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and in briefing management personnel.
- Have demonstrated knowledge and experience sufficient to independently develop creative, technically sound solutions to problems not remedied by standard, pre-defined processes.
- Have demonstrated advanced project management and leadership skills, such as managing and coordinating multiple large budgets, schedules and contracts.
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate and work effectively with other governmental professionals, client representative of various backgrounds and experience bases (including senior civilian, military, SES and Flag level), contract management and labor personnel and others as necessary.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Have demonstrated the ability to guide, motivate, and coordinate the work of professionals in a matrix organization (one in which there are multiple reporting relationships).
- Have demonstrated the use of effective, constructive, employee and team feedback for the purpose of improving performance, and knowledge of group dynamics, project and program management tools.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties and have sufficient vision to identify safety concerns.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Place of Performance:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
Who are we?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.