No Staffing Firms/Recruiters
Job Applicants Only
ALQIMI seeks to meet the many requirements for our customer’s Analytic and Content Services and GEOINT analytical services using contract employees and outcome-based initiatives.
All candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- The Geospatial Analyst (GA) will be supporting the Aeronautical Safety Office (SFA) in their mission to provide timely, relevant, and validated worldwide aeronautical Geospatial Intelligence to enable Safety of Navigation, DoD military operations, as well as to support national security objectives. ALQIMI is seeking Geospatial Analyst with experience in Airfield Foundation Data (AFD) and Vertical Obstructions (VO) production experience. This position requires GAs with experience extracting specific feature data in accordance with data and product specifications. Activities will include feature extraction (airfield infrastructure), feature analysis, feature validation, data entry, database scripting, quality control/assurance, and product finishing.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have graduated from a formal military or civilian Geospatial school
- Must have at least 11 years of geospatial analyst experience with recent AFD expertise
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of the airfield infrastructure such as taxiways, runways, navigational aids, ATC tower, hangars, etc.
- Working knowledge of feature collection (points, lines, and areas), feature validation and finishing
- Ability to work within, manipulate, and interact with Geospatial Database, SQL, and Stored Procedures and Triggers
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools
- Experience with geospatial analysis, feature extraction, and data evaluation and manipulation
- Proficiency with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing and photogrammetry
- Experience using the Integrated Exploitation Capability
- Knowledge of research programs, imagery, GIS data file formats, and applications
- Experience with Exploitation Software, (ERDAS Imagine, SOCET GXP, SOCET SET, RemoteView)
- Familiarity with various data formats (DTED, VPF, CIB, ADRG, etc.)
- Ability to pass the GEOINT Professional Certification - Fundamentals (GPC-F) within six months of start date
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- GEOINT Professional Certification - Fundamentals (GPC-F)
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Sybase, ArcSDE, working knowledge of Python scripting and conversion of VBA scripts to Python, as well as other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data
- Experience in Python and VBA scripting, extensive knowledge of PostGIS Geodatabases, and ability to debug, rewrite, and align product finishing process for current and future needs
- Experience in the activities related to administration of computerized databases (maintenance, data/database replication, performing queries, programming, validation checks, quality control, back/up/recovery, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes, and sensors
- Demonstrated ability to harness all geospatial tools and techniques with available data to provide relevant and insightful intelligence
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.