Job Applicants only.
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking a Master Electrician.
The overall mission of this effort is to provide the Department of State with personnel necessary to support the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facility Management (OBO/CFSM/FAC).
ALQIMI Professional Services Group will provide personnel to assist the Office of Facility Management in delivering global support in the operation, maintenance, repair, and technical assessment of Department of State facilities overseas, providing services to ensure safe, secure, functional, sustainable, and reliable Embassy and Consulate facilities.
The Master Electrician performs skilled work in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service and repair to facilities mechanical, electrical systems. Maintains accurate records of buildings systems and equipment and ensures there are ample spare parts and materials in stock to keep systems operational.
- Performs skilled mechanical maintenance by inspecting and testing elements of facilities systems to locate and diagnose faults and malfunctions.
- Performs preventive maintenance to keep facilities systems to prescribed operating standards and/or performance rates.
- Troubleshoots problems, and makes adjustments and/or performs required repairs using hand tools and precision measuring and testing devices.
- Provides detailed estimate of repair (and/or replacement) costs beyond the capability to perform.
- Repairs existing facilities systems according to work orders or verbal instructions by inspecting the work site to determine the materials, equipment, tool requirements, and method to be used; developing a plan or lay out for the project or following a blueprint, sketch or schematic; assembling, fabricating or building and installing materials, equipment, or fixtures as required by the scope of work.
- Performs basic electrical work by replacing faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, breakers, insulators and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures and equipment, installing new conduit, wiring, and electrical machinery, inspecting and testing electrical lighting, power circuits, and equipment, and maintains and repairs existing electrical wiring, equipment, and installations, and providing an estimate of repair (and/or replacement) costs beyond the capability to perform.
- Serves as a principal advisor to OBO/FAC and oversees the planning, organizing, coordinating of activities, resources, equipment and information for large single and/or multiple projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master Level Electrician - A person who possesses the necessary ability, proficiency and qualifications to execute, install, plan, lay out, supervise and direct the details for installation and supervise the work of installing, repairing and maintaining specific materials and equipment utilizing a working knowledge sufficient to comply with the pertinent provisions of the applicable safety and building codes, any code supplements, maintenance and acceptance testing criteria and standards, manufacturer requirements and executed in accordance with the contract/statement of work, plans and specifications.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to operate Mission vehicles.
- Must have good working knowledge to identify and mitigate safety hazards and capable to ensure Facilities comply with local environmental, U.S. OSHA and local safety standards.
- Mastery of project management concepts, methods, and best practices to provide expert guidance to Facilities Maintenance in meeting short and long term operational requirements and in developing plans that optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness in the assigned maintenance management and support area.
- Mastery of the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in maintenance management required to oversee the planning and execution of operations and to ensure coordination with other related activities.
- Knowledge of regulations governing the acquisition of equipment, personnel, and supplies required to support Embassy operations. Ability to manage critical, time sensitive projects that require extensive coordination across program and organizational lines within the Mission, the Department, and with other USG agencies and non-governmental and private organizations; and the efficient management of assigned resources including government and contractor staff needed.
- Ability to take decisive action and speak with authority on behalf of management in obtaining consensus on operational requirements.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning and project management initiatives in the assigned program area. Ability to provide leadership and work effectively, cooperatively, and harmoniously in a multi-disciplinary team environment under considerable stress and tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision in meeting demands associated with a high profile, results-driven activity. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee operations, provide advice and guidance, reconcile conflicting viewpoints, negotiate agreements with various stakeholders, resolve complex and often controversial technical and management issues, and represent Facilities in a variety of forums.
- Minimum year’s relevant experience.
- Level One – 5 to 7 years,
- Level Two – 8 to 12 Years.
CLEARANCE LEVEL: Secret
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.