ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Program/Project Risk Analyst for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: Program/Project Risk Analyst
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of program / project risk analyst services support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Identify, analyze, track, record and provide guidance with respect to actions to manage and/or mitigate risks.
- Assist the GPMO/OICC in the review of program and project risks during the planning and design stages of project development.
- Assist the GPMO and FEAD/ROICC/OICC review the program and project risks during the construction stage of project execution.
- Coordinate with the program and project teams and stakeholders to facilitate the identification of risks and develop and maintain a sense of ownership and responsibility for the risks and associated risk response actions.
- Guide efforts to identify project risks using brainstorming sessions, interviewing experienced project participants and subject matter experts, and root-cause analysis.
- Develop risk identification checklists based on historical information and knowledge that has been accumulated from similar previous programs/projects and from other sources of information.
- Where appropriate, use strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis to identify risks.
- Assist in the recording of identified risks in the appropriate program/project risk register to achieve an increasing level of awareness of risks over time.
- Assist with the prioritization of risks for further analysis or action by assessing and combining the probability of occurrence and impact. Considers factors such as timely response and the program leadership’s risk tolerance associated with the project’s constraints of cost, schedule, scope and quality.
- Utilize the program’s established Probability and Impact Matrix to rate each risk on its probability of occurrence and impact on an objective if it does occur.
- Utilize the risk register’s criteria for the combination of probability and impact to assign a classification of high risk, medium risk and low risk for assessed risks.
- Assist program and project managers to develop an effective plan to lessen the impact of the risk. Categorize risk by sources of risk, the area of the project affected, or other useful categories such as root causes.
- Recommend to the person responsible for risk response an appropriate response for the significance of the risk, cost to address, feedback of individuals responsible for any impacted processes and other relevant factors.
- Assist program and project managers to control the risk process by continuously monitor efforts for new, changing, and outdated risks.
- Apply techniques, such as variance and trend analysis, which require the use of performance information generated during program/project execution.
- Assist in the control of the risk process by assisting program and project managers with the choosing of alternative strategies, executing a contingency or fallback plan, taking corrective action, and modifying the program management plan.
- Monitor risk response owner’s periodic reports to appropriate authorities assessing the effectiveness of the plan, any unanticipated effects, and recommends corrective actions needed to handle the risk appropriately.
- Update the programs process assets, including project lessons learned databases and risk management templates, for the benefit of follow on programs/projects.
- Monitor and analyze risk trends and variances.
- Monitor resolution of risk response actions.
- Assist the Government with verification that risk response has been addressed appropriately.
- Recommend execution of contingencies and/or modifications to the program management plan to the Area Coordinator, Program Coordinator and the ROICC if this COA becomes necessary.
- Have demonstrated recent experience/technical competence in similar scopes of work for risk identification, analysis and management for projects and programs of similar scope. Provide a maximum of 10 examples of completed, relevant projects with samples of risk registers or similar documentation to verify experience. Demonstrate cost control, quality control and compliance with performance schedules.
- Have demonstrated the ability to apply analytical methods and techniques as they relate to risks.
- Have demonstrated the ability to guide, motivate, and coordinate the work of professionals in a matrix organization (one in which there are multiple reporting relationships) is required. Skills in utilizing effective, constructive, employee and team feedback for the purpose of improving performance, and knowledge of group dynamics, project and program management tools are required.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.