ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Area Coordinator for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: Area Coordinator
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of area coordinator services support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assist the Deputy ROICC/OICC/FEAD in the coordination of various projects that include but are not limited to the Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) program.
- Provide facilitation and related decision support services for collaboration efforts, working groups or teams.
- Assist Contracting Officers with refining, and resolving disputes, disagreements, and divergent views between construction contractors.
- Lead or facilitate group briefings and discussions, enabling focused decision-making. Record discussion content and related facilitation support services.
- Debrief stake holders.
- Have familiarity with contract requirements and schedules to assist contract administrators with mitigation of potential conflicts. The duties of the position are varied and require the incumbent to have experience and knowledge of construction management, scheduling and the DPRI program initiatives.
- Work with and coordinate as needed with various Government personnel, recommending to the Deputy ROICC/OICC/FEAD needed engagement with construction contractors by NAVFAC personnel.
- Obtain agreement from the Deputy ROICC/OICC/FEAD on day-to-day areas in which to focus coordination efforts.
- Lead efforts to coordinate program planning, oversight of entire DPRI program (and those projects that are affected by it, or its infrastructure), including its controls.
- Facilitate the building maintenance transition for the Government to ensure that the project is turned over to the NAVFAC customer in a timely manner and in accordance with NAVFAC Business Management System (BMS) Red Zone procedures.
- Participate in efforts with selected experts of NAVFAC, other Field Engineering Commands (FECs), customers, and private A-E consultants for the purpose of developing improvements in products and services delivered.
- Communicate regularly with NAVFAC Program coordinators.
- Maintain a written weekly log of all projects reviewed and the reason for the review.
- Maintain a daily log of all day-to-day final or interim decisions approved by the Government as a result of interpretations, to mitigate conflicts, to ensure focused decision making and collaboration, to define/refine or resolve disputes, and/or for facilitation purposes. Maintain open access to this log so that all parties can be aware of decisions made, Government directives given and the background of how those decisions were made.
- Be knowledgeable of the contents of the aforementioned log and in particular of past decisions in order to make credible recommendations to and advise the teams accordingly on the way ahead.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
- Be a graduate of an accredited Architectural or Engineering college curriculum (four  year degree minimum) AND have a minimum of 5 years Area Coordinator experience
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated experience in completing projects on teams comprised of participants with diverse engineering, scientific or technical backgrounds.
- Have demonstrated experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and in briefing management personnel.
- Have demonstrated capability to independently develop creative, technically sound solutions to problems not remedied by standard, pre-defined processes.
- Have demonstrated experience consulting with the government construction program managers like the Deputy ROICC/OICC involving highly technical issues, construction practices, safety and changed conditions.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Have knowledge of group dynamics, project and program management processes and tools.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties and have sufficient vision to identify safety concerns.
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate work effectively with other governmental professionals, client representatives with of various backgrounds and experience bases (including Government senior civilians, and military at ranks equal to civilian SES and military Flag Officers), contract management and labor personnel and others as necessary.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.