No Staffing Firms/Recruiters!
Job Applicants only.
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking a Facility Manager.
The overall mission of this effort is to provide the Department of State with personnel necessary to support the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facility Management (OBO/CFSM/FAC).
ALQIMI Professional Services Group will provide personnel to assist the Office of Facility Management in delivering global support in the operation, maintenance, repair, and technical assessment of Department of State facilities overseas, providing services to ensure safe, secure, functional, sustainable, and reliable Embassy and Consulate facilities.
Grade Levels: I, II, III and IV
Serve on an interim basis at posts lacking an assigned Foreign Service Facility Manager in locations that have intermediate to large facilities and employee populations as well as complex building systems where a high level of expertise is required to deal with unusual or emergency facility-related conditions or operational threats impacting the day-to-day operations at post. The incumbent plans, establishes, and directs a vigorous facilities management program, and coordinates the maintenance, renovation, and upgrade of existing building infrastructure. He/she is responsible for the day-to-day management of the safe operation and maintenance of the real property asset at post.
- Provides expert management and technical guidance to post trades staff and contracted staff in order to accomplish post-managed construction projects and recurring preventive and emergency maintenance and repair work.
- Manages all post-executed alteration, repair, and replacement projects and may be required to prepare technical specifications and/or develop design drawings for new projects.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance in the planning, funding, management, and direction of facilities engineering studies and reports.
- Performs technical review of designs and proposals developed either at post, by OBO, or by other agencies, and conducts feasibility studies to determine the maintainability of the proposed design.
- Ensures that all required project actions are understood and carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of senior leadership, including following up on decisions and ensuring the completion of required actions in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex, high priority special projects involving Post Management and OBO/FAC; coordinates the involvement of architectural, civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, and specialty disciplines; and provides support in project planning, review, and construction phases.
- Enlists the support of other staff as necessary to accomplish project objectives within the established timeframes.
- Ensures all project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implantation plans. Follows up to ensure that approved recommendations are successfully implemented.
- Develops and trains post FM personnel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/architecture/technical discipline or Construction Management is preferred.
- Minimum years relevant experience:
- Level 1 – 1 to 2 years
- Level II – 2 to 4 years
- Level II – 4 to 7 years
- Level IV – 7 to 10 years
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience to meet Levels III and IV.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Project.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to operate Mission vehicles.
- Must have good working knowledge to identify and mitigate safety hazards and capable to ensure Facilities comply with local environmental, U.S. OSHA and local safety standards.
- Mastery of the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in project management required to oversee the planning and execution of operations and to ensure coordination with other related activities.
- Knowledge of regulations governing the acquisition of equipment, personnel, and supplies required to support Embassy operations. Ability to manage critical, time sensitive projects that require extensive coordination across program and organizational lines within the Mission, the Department, and with other USG agencies and non-governmental and private organizations; and the efficient management of assigned resources including government and contractor staff needed.
- Knowledge of, and skill applying, engineering technology principles and practices related to the repair and maintenance of a wide range of intermediate to large facilities complex building systems.
- Knowledge of facilities management in an international environment.
- Knowledge of the operations of intermediate to large embassy/consulate complexes with complex building mechanical/electrical systems.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the contract solicitation process and the management of funds associated with contracted work.
- Knowledge of construction practices and procedures, sufficient to enable the incumbent to develop, manage, oversee, and review facility management operations programs for intermediate to large embassy/consulate complexes and associated facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, both orally and in writing to prepare detailed and highly complex technical specifications and reports.
CLEARANCE LEVEL: Secret
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.