ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Commissioning Service Expert for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: Commissioning Service Expert
Under the task order, the contractor will perform independent of direct Government Supervision Commissioning services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of commissioning services support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Coordinate the construction commissioning process.
- Ensure inclusion of necessary Government personnel including but not limited to the Project Manager, Owners Representative/Customer/Facility Manager, Designer of Record, LEED Consultants, Construction Manager, Installation Contractor, Testing Consultants, Maintenance Contractors and Utility Providers.
- Perform various duties associated with a variety of construction commissioning participants such as a LEED AP Certified Professional, Commissioning Agent with Architectural focus, Commissioning Agent with Mechanical Engineering focus, Commissioning Agent with Electrical Engineering focus, Commissioning Agent with Control System focus, Commissioning Agent with Fire Protection focus, Commissioning Agent with Testing and Balancing focus, Commissioning Agent with Boiler / Unfired Pressure Vessel focus, Commissioning Agent with Operations and Maintenance Support Information (OMSI)/Building Information Modeling (BIM) focus, and Commissioning Agent with Weight Handing Equipment (WHE)/ Material Handling Equipment (MHE)/Elevator focus.
- Begin performance of commissioning services prior to project design or as near in time to the beginning of a project as possible to ensure desired installation and performance criteria are designed into the system instead of retro-actively modified.
- Perform site assessments, to include pre-commissioning occupant Quality of Life (QOL) surveys, lists of recommended repairs, recommendations for energy conservation measures (ECMs) and reviews of prior energy audit reports.
- Ensure implementation of RCx recommendations to include repairs/replacements in order of priority and measurement and verification (re-testing and re-monitoring, updating building documentation, including O&Ms) to demonstrate energy savings as a result of the commissioning efforts.
- Review and document comments on the project requirements, designer’s basis of design documents, and various design stage documents.
- Ensure implementation of RCx recommendations that include repairs/replacements in order of priority and measurement and verification (re-testing and re-monitoring, updating building documentation, including O&Ms) to demonstrate energy savings as a result of the commissioning efforts.
- Incorporate the new commissioning measures into the building’s preventive maintenance program, including trending points in the Building Automation System to ensure the new measures perform as intended.
- Ensure the NAVFAC Public Works Department (PWD) receives training on the new measures when new measures differ from the standard operating procedures, highlighting common troubleshooting procedures and simple repairs/adjustments that can be done in the field.
- Ensure Operations and Maintenance Support Information is provided to the facility in the format that can be uploaded in the format that can be integrated with the then current tracking and monitoring software.
- Review comments in the project requirements, design’s basis of design documents and various design stage documents. Recommend the priority of ECM repairs based on the most cost-effective items given the budget allowance for the commissioning scope of work.
- Review comments in relevant contractor equipment and system submittals and follow up on and clarify as necessary to ensure compliance and completion.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
- Have demonstrated recent experience in similar scopes of work for facilities in tropical environments similar to Hawaii, Guam and the Pacific Ocean area. Provide a maximum of 10 completed, relevant projects along with a description of correlated commissioning support services rendered.
- Have current LEED certification or certification that meets LEED requirements of other governing agencies responsible for a specialty area (i.e. Fire Protection systems, elevators, boilers etc.).
- Have demonstrated technical competence clearly shown through participation on prior contracts with U.S. Government entities.
- Have demonstrated past performance with regards to cost control, quality control and compliance with performance schedules.
- Be certified as a commissioning professional by the Associated Air Balance Council (AABC) Commissioning Group (ACG), the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the Commissioning Process Management Process Management Professional (CPMP), the Building Commissioning Association (BCA), the National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB), or the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UWM).
- Provide a resume for verification purposes, and must contain education, experience and management representations and demonstrate performance of the required services on at least two Commercial and Institutional Building Construction projects similar in size and type to the construction projects anticipated under this contract.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- This is a government contract that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.