ALQIMI is seeking a Facilities Analyst
to support our customer located in Okinawa, Japan.
: DPRI Okinawa Facilities Analyst
: Camp Butler, Okinawa
- Assist and support DPRI in the assignment, utilization, and control of facility assets.
- Coordinate and conduct extensive site visits to and around the various Marine Corps installations on Okinawa and facilitate meetings with individuals at various levels of command.
- Identify assets through verification of the Base Real Property Inventory (RPI).
- Physically inspect each facility verifying type and year of construction, physical size, current condition, current use, occupant, and then makes updates to the RPI and facilities assignment listings.
- Evaluate requests for base and tenant unit facility assignments, consider current and projected facility availability, standard criteria for function involved, modifications required for beneficial occupancy and effect on operations if the request cannot be met, and recommends approval or disapproval and satisfaction by another method.
- Modify any necessary assignments, prepare preliminary designs and sketches of work required and collaborate with Facilities personnel regarding program documents, scope of work, and cost estimates for approved changes to the current RPI for further processing.
- Prepare studies relating to scope and use to determine minimum and optimum space requirements for base and tenant activities.
- Identify excess facilities and recommend retention and alternate use or disposal.
- Review camp master plans for accuracy and completeness of requirements section.
- Review and update Facilities Support Requirements (FSR) document.
- Participate in working groups coordinating facility utilization, organizational moves, facility assignments, and additional topics as necessary.
- Gather data, work with subject matter experts, documents economic life cycles for facilities, and provide advice on the implications of a facility’s remaining economic life, highlighting facilities approaching or exceeding their economic life.
- Knowledge of facility utilization principles, methods, practices, and techniques (with emphasis on assignment of the right occupant to the most suitable available structure, considering occupant need for space, accessibility/location, welfare, safety, security, and factors that would promote or hinder the mission of the activities of the organization serviced).
- Ability to evaluate and propose alternative courses of action and to recognize deviations from accepted facility management principles.
- Practical knowledge relating to common realty, construction, and trades/crafts subjects.
- Familiarity with overall goals, methods, and terminology used at large maintenance or public works type organizations is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, sufficient to explain technical regulatory language to laymen to negotiate and explain command positions or programs, and to prepare written reports that present conclusions and supporting data in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of computer applications, such as MS Office, internet Navy Facility Assets Data Store (iNFADS), Commanding Officer’s Readiness Reporting System (CORRS), Facilities Engineers Information Maintenance System (FEIMS), and other computer applications as required to update facility moves, demolition, and general tracking of facilities management.
- Must have and retain a secret clearance and have knowledge of and comply with Office security rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to safe handling of classified material.Employee shall have at least an interim clearance before deploying to Okinawa.
- A combination of facilities management courses and experience which furnished an understanding of facilities analysis and management and which has equipped the employee with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the requirements of this PWS.
ALQIMI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
ALQIMI will take affirmative action to employ qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans.
Regarding any position for which an applicant for employment is qualified, ALQIMI will not discriminate against any applicant because of physical or mental disability. ALQIMI will take affirmative action to employ qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability.